Friday 21 March 2014

Motivation is Key

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE - It's nearly the weekend and that calls for a massive sigh of relief, *phew*!  I thought I'd try a different sort of post today on the topic of 'motivation'. It's something I can sometimes struggle with but once you know tips on how to spur yourself on, you're laughing. So here we go.

No matter what task you set yourself upon, it will take will power and motivation to follow through and make something of it. It can be all too easy to give up and think 'I will do it tommorow' or 'that can wait' but with this, you'll never achieve your up most goals. Motivation is always key. As the quotation goes, 'Never leave that 'till tomorrow which you can do today'. 

Now when it comes to motivation and trying to make myself do something, I'm not the best at forcing myself to do it and keep the momentum going. As a New Years Resolution, I told myself that this year I needed to do more exercise by going for runs more often. I managed that everyday for about two weeks then I got back into the swing of college and A Level stress, and slowly got worse and worse, ending in only going for a run about once a week - I mean, one is better than nothing right? Wrong. I'm never going to get those summer legs that I oh-so desire this way. 

I've found that over my long 18 years being alive on this planet, you have to give yourself small goals in order to achieve the bigger goals and this applies to all aspects of my life. Revision. Everyone hates it. It's long and tedious and can seem like such an ominous task. I've never been great at revising, but have recently found that setting myself mini goals in the form of how much of a topic I'm going to cover, I have actually enjoyed it and learnt a whole lot more as I'm not panicking over the mountain that I have left to do! What I've realised is that nothing is going to happen at a flick of a switch, no one is going to do it for you and it's only for a matter of months and will all be over soon and will be worth it in the end (this has definitely got me through the last couple of months of my A Level studies at college).

So remember, don't set yourself too much or it will all overwhelm you and you won't be as productive as you hoped. Motivate yourself but set goals which are reasonable and achievable for you, not what everyone else does or thinks you should do. Also don't forget to check out Sprinkle of Glitter's (Louise's) Motivational Monday blog feature as they really do give you a positive feeling and positive outlook on life on what usually is a dull and slightly depressed day of the week - 5 whole days until the weekend *le crys*! 

Hope you guys liked this sort of post, comment down below if you did and I'll see what else I can whack out! Have a good weekend y'all,

Love,
Harriet xo


2 comments :

  1. You have a lovely blog, so I have nominated you for a liebster award! you can read more about it here, since i was nominated-- www.hello-dreamer.com :)

    i hope to read your responses soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments and replying to them so feel free to leave a little note down below and I'll get back to you asap :) xo